Image Use Policy
Any material found on the Second Air Division Digital Archive (SADDA) website, including text, audio, video or images, may not be printed, copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, displayed, modified, reused, broadcast or transmitted in any way, except for your own personal non-commercial use. Permission for any other use must be obtained from the Second Air Division Memorial Library at The Forum, Millennium Plain, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1AW, United Kingdom; e-mail email@example.com.
Documents and sound recordings featured on the SADDA website must be used ethically; avoiding illegal sharing, misquotation, misappropriation or decontextualization. In addition, by using material featured on the SADDA website, users acknowledge that all documents and sound recordings are governed by the SADDA website’s Take-down Policy.
If the Second Air Division Memorial Library or Norfolk Record Office receives a request to use a document or sound recording for a different purpose, they may be able to advise how rights can be cleared.
The Second Air Division Memorial Library and the Norfolk Record Office acknowledge the intellectual property rights of those named as contributors to the documents and sound recordings on the SADDA website and the rights of those not identified. The Second Air Division Memorial Library and the Norfolk Record Office have attempted to the best of their ability to identify and contact all rights holders in documents and sound recordings featured on the SADDA website and have sought permission to include documents and sound recordings on the website for personal use only.
The archive has been created over several decades and contains documents which have been donated or deposited by many different individuals, many of whom cannot be contacted or traced. Furthermore, some of the records may have originated from third party institutions which are not identified in the documents. The Norfolk Record Office and the Second Air Division Memorial Library have tried their best to identify and contact all rights holders but acknowledge, because of the reasons listed above, that they may have misidentified a document’s creator or have been unable to trace the appropriate rights holder. Any new information about a document’s provenance will be added, when appropriate, to the catalogue of the Second Air Division Memorial Library archive.
Please note that high quality images will only be supplied by the Second Air Division Memorial Library / Norfolk Record Office if copyright legislation is not contravened.
Take-down Policy for the Second Air Division Digital Archive (SADDA) website
If you are a rights owner and are concerned that you have found a document or sound recording on the SADDA website for which you have not given permission, please contact the Second Air Division Memorial Library in writing (The Forum, Millennium Plain, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1AW, United Kingdom; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org) stating the following.
- Your contact details.
- The full catalogue details of the material.
- The exact and full website address(es) (URL) where you found the material.
- An explanation of why the document(s) or sound recording(s) should not be on the SADDA website.
- Proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights owner or are authorized to act for the rights owner.
Upon receipt of notification, the SADDA Notice and Take-down procedure is then invoked as follows.
1. The Second Air Division Memorial Library will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by e-mail or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
2. Upon receipt of a valid complaint, the material will be temporarily removed from the SADDA website pending an agreed solution.
3. The Second Air Division Memorial Library will investigate the complaint, contacting the contributor who deposited the material, if relevant.
4. The Second Air Division Memorial Library will work with the complainant and the contributor to attempt to resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the SADDA website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the SADDA website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the SADDA website.
5. If the contributor and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will remain unavailable through the SADDA website until a resolution has been reached.
6. If the contributor cannot be traced, the Second Air Division Memorial Library will attempt to resolve the issue in place of the contributor.